Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Why "She Lived Happily Today"?

I have been in love with fairy tales since I was a little girl.

Typical, I know, but I mean SERIOUSLY in love.

I soaked in every Disney princess movie like it was the last one on earth, my tiara was my favorite accessory, and my dying wish would have been to live in a castle.

In fact, here's a little throwback for you ;)


Now, I continue to adore Disney princess movies (and proposal stories and romantic comedies and absolutely anything to do with dreams come true), I love dressing up for fancy events and feeling like a princess, and living in a castle would still be the greatest thing in the world.

Okay, to be honest, nothing has changed! I am still a four year old at heart, but I have realized more as I have grown up that life isn't exactly a picture perfect fairy tale (well, most of the time anyway.) I don't always have a prince to rescue me when I am in distress, and some days, life is stinking hard!!

But just because life is hard, doesn't mean it isn't wonderful! Sure, some moments make me want to curl into a ball and cry, but other moments make me want to shout with joy and dance to Footloose around my kitchen in my pjs!

I've learned that happily ever after isn't just for the "ever after." It isn't merely some distant event that comes after we graduate and get a job and fall in love and have a family and get a house and everything we ever wanted.

It is available right now!

It is available today!

It is available to me and to you and to each and every beautiful soul on this earth. All we need to do is follow the Savior, seek for the good, and spread that goodness wherever we go. I love living happily now! (Although I have to admit that I am still super excited for the fairy tale "ever after" ;)

xoxo
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment